Adding Electronic Clarity

I've been busy looking through Internet records. Electronic stuff is divided into a number of main folders and is on a USB flash drive (with backup on hard drive). These include (PINK for the Petersons and BLUE for the Averills):


  • Ancestor Trees from Family Tree Maker software
  • Averill
  • Erickson
  • Ettinger and Glenn (Averill side)
  • General and Unverified Stuff
  • Jacobs
  • Peterson
  • Rice
  • Tuft
  • Whitworth
Within folders, I've elected to use a descriptive approach to the files, and leave whatever id they have from their internet source. Things scanned in are so noted and the originals will be filed in accord with their family and major heading. All items in the folder are at the highest resolution available.

One problem I've found is that my first picture of Nancy's grandmother was labeled as "the only known..." Well, that didn't last long. I found another picture on the internet and will show it in a new post. I also haven't resolved what file to put married women who changed their names. Sometimes I've filed them under their maiden name and sometimes under their married name. I'll have to clean that up before too long.

Two examples of file naming may be seen below.